Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






I am wondering what my options are as I am not currently working and want to move back home to be with my family. I owe approx. $220 000 on my mortgage and would be lucky if I could sell my house for $170 000. Obviously this is not an option. I am wondering what happens if I have to walk away from my house, in order to move back home, as I will not be able to sell the house for anywhere near the amount I owe. I look forward to your reply. Thank you, Teri



Alger & Associates Inc.



Jan 01, 2013



Hello Teri, If your mortgage is an insured mortgage (ie usually a low downpayment mortgage)and a foreclosure occurs, you will be liable for any deficiency. The Insurer will take collection action to recover the deficiency from you by filing a statement of claim, obtaining judgment and enforcing collection of the judgment. Please contact me to discuss your options in more detail, you can reach me at my office, 403-296-3082, cell 403-909-9572 or my email at There is no charge for this consultation.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for