Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






just curious how i get out of bankruptcy its been years since i filled but didnt finish paying the fees then when i looked into it they said i had to pay 1900 just to look at my file and at least 5000 for out standing is there any way i can get discharged



Alger & Associates Inc.



Jan 30, 2013



You should contact your Trustee to discuss an application to the Court for your discharge. This will require that you file an affidavit as to your current financial situation and provide an explanation as to why you failed to carry out duties or pay amounts ordered by the Court. You will be required to pay your Trustee a fee to reopen your file and work with you and your creditors to proceed to your discharge. Another option is to retain a lawyer to act on your behalf however you will be required to pay a retainer in these circumstances and notice of any application will need to be provided to all parties including the Trustee.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for