Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






About the sibling question, I forgot to mention we both are on the land title. Some of the items in the house are owned by my sibling, some are mine, and some are jointly owned or were joint gifts. Because of the complexity of the ownership of the assets in the home, if I declare bankruptcy myself, would my sibling have to produce receipts and prove ownership for all the assets they own? If they could not produce the receipts, even though I don't have any documentation to say they are mine, would those assets be considered mine and be included in the asset seizure?



Alger & Associates Inc.



Feb 07, 2013



I assumed you were both on title and that is not unusual. If you are refering to furniture, your interest up to $4000 at liquidation value (i.e. Garage sale price)is exempt. If the assets are not in that category, you or your sibling may need to prove ownership. As i said previously, perhaps you should contact me directly at

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for