Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






So sorry for this stream of writing, but to clarify, the question about selling the house - I meant sell to my sibling. Is there some document my sibling can file (were're in Alberta) that under my bankruptcy, the courts would allow my sibling to perhaps distance themself from my bankruptcy and have them still keep the portion of the house and their equity in it, while they just go after mine? I suspect that my debt is around 80,000, and my portion of the equity is around 60,000, but would they still go after my sibling for the rest? Is there any legal thing my sibling can file to protect them from my bankruptcy? Since we aren't common law but siblings, before I arrange an appointment with you, I'm hoping you can tell me that there are options for protecting my sibling from loosing what they put into the house.



Alger & Associates Inc.



Feb 07, 2013



Please contact me at 403-296-3082 or 403 909 9572 (cell) Thanks

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for