Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






I was recently a temporary foreign worker in Alberta, Canada. My work permit had expired and I was not issued a renewal. After living in Canada for 4 years (as a student and a worker) I was forced to leave Canada -- as per Canadian Immigration -- immediately (March 2011). I was therefore unable to close all my outstanding debts. At the moment, I was made aware that possibly interest (maybe) still being accumulated on outstanding balances. Had I known of this earlier I would have possibly looked into a bankruptcy claim earlier. I am therefore enquiring - what are my options to resolve my debt - as I do intend to return to Canada in the near future. Obviously, being out of Canada (currently residing Guyana) makes it extremely difficult to dissolve these debts. I appreciate your assistance on this matter.



Grant Thornton Alger Inc.



May 09, 2013



Please contact me upon your return and I would be happy to assist you. Contact me by email at and i will send you a questionnaire for your completion. Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for