Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






I went bankrupt when I was 19 and now due to a separation and trying to get a head on my own, I now am looking at it again. I was discharged from bankruptcy years ago but is there a difference now that I have to do this again? Thanks



Alger & Associates Inc.



May 11, 2013



Treena There have been some changes that impact on a second bankruptcy. You will be in bankruptcy for a minimum period of 24 months and if you have surplus income as determined by the Superintendent of Bankruptcy's guidelines on income, the bankruptcy would be extended to 36 months. However if you comply with all the duties required of you, there will be no Court application and you would be discharged after 24 or 36 months. There are options to a second bankruptcy particularly a Consumer Proposal which is an option of partial payment of your debts and would avoid the second bankruptcy. I would be happy to chat to you about this option and your financial concerns, call me on my cell at 403 909 9572.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for