Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum



John Wilson



I filed for bankruptcy in 2002. I decided not to go through with it because I did 1 in 1997. I did pay the open file cost but never made the other payments. There is a judgement against me with the superintendent of bankruptcy. How can I take this off my Equifax file? is it possible to void or cancel this 2002 bankruptcy? Thank you for your time. John Wilson



Alger & Associates Inc.



May 31, 2013



John You cannot void or cancel a bankruptcy. You will need to obtain a discharge from this bankruptcy. You should contact your Trustee to discuss the discharge process in detail. If you prefer you may retain a lawyer to bring and application on your behalf or you can make an application on your own behalf. The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy will provide details on the requirements should you choose this option. Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for