Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum






My common-law husband has a large CRA debt (around 50,000). They have frozen his bank account for 2 years now. Can he claim bankruptcy? My credit is great, and I want to buy a home in the next 5 years. If I buy a home in my name, since we live together, could they seize the home?



Alger & Associates Inc.



Aug 21, 2013



Christina, Your husband can claim bankruotcy and this debt can be discharged through the bankruptcy process. His creditors cannot pursue your assets, you are not responsible for his debts unless you are a co borrower or have personally guaranteed the debt. CRA cannot pursue you for his tax debt. I would be happy to meet with yourself and your husband and give you advice on resolving his financial situation. There is no charge for the consultation. Please call me or email me and I would be happy to set up a consultation. Thanks for the question

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for