Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum





Hello, My understanding is that you are exempt 2K a month in wages. What's the formula for payments to the trustee if you make more than that? Half of everything over the 2K limit? Thanks.



Alger & Associates Inc.



Sep 11, 2013



Hello The exempt amount for a single person based on the Superintendent of Bankruptcy's guideline on income is $2006 of take home pay ie after tax. If a single person makes more than $2006 take home per month, the amount above $2006 is referred to as Surplus income. The payment required is 50% or half of the surplus for 21 months for a first time bankrupt. The payment period is extended to 36 months for a second time bankrupt. Thanks for the question. If you have any further questions please contact me.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for