Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum






I was thinking of filing bankruptcy, but then saw a friend file, pay off the monthly payments, but still not get discharged. The original payment was for $12,700 which was paid off. Now they are saying there is a surplus based on gov't allowance and they want another $15,000. Is this normal?



Grant Thornton Alger Inc.



Dec 07, 2013



Shane In some situaions, an individual may be required to make payments to the Trustee based on his or her earnings, these payments are referred to as "surplus income" payments. It appears that this is what you are referring to. I suggest that your friend contact his Trustee and discuss his situation. I would be happy to meet with you and explain how surplus payments are calculated to assist you in dealing with your financial difficulties. Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for