Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Alger Inc.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



L. Yap



If I am currently in Bankruptcy and believe my current trustee has not fulfilled their duties "properly" can I terminate by engagement with that trustee and have another trustee take over my "account"? Thanks for your time.



Grant Thornton Alger Inc.



Dec 11, 2013



Hello. The Trustee is appointed by the Official Receiver and not yourself accordingly you cannot simply change your Trustee. I suggest you work with your Trustee to resolve your difficulties. If there is an issue of disagreement on an asset or payments required, you can seek assitance from the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Alger Inc. • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for