Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum





I am separated but living in the same house due to both our cash issues, the house has about 40k equity and cra has registered a lien against my half. If I walk away in a bankruptcy, how long before the house is sold or seized ? Obviously not what I want to happen, but if we can't sort ourselves out, I cannot pay for two homes and support my child, she refuses to leave or buy me out, cra obviously will not let me give her my share, that would be best in the long term family interest but???? She will not qualify for any mortgage due to very poor credit and no real income.



Grant Thornton Limited



Jan 01, 2014



It is unlkely CRA will seize the home and pursue a sale of the property if the equity is $40,000 or less. However if you cease to make mortgage payments the bank will commence foreclosure proceedings, at which time the mortgage will be paid from sales proceeds and your interest in the remaining sales proceeds will be directed to CRA. Please contact me to discuss your options in dealing with your CRA debt.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for