Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum





Currently CRA is garnisheed my personal accounts and registers against my home, also contacted several principle clients advising of a pending garnishee. This has crippled my business and jeopardized any future dealing with these people. I am willing to make payment arrangements, met all past arrangements, but they refuse. I have no means of cashing cheques or paying bills, isn't the garnisheed limited to a % of income? Currently we've managed to put third party cheques through the ex's account to cover the mortgage but she's very stressed.



Grant Thornton Limited



Jan 01, 2014



CRA are entitled to garnishee payments payable to you by your customers, garnishee bank accounts and file a Tax writ against title to your home to collect outstanding personal tax debt. There is not a set percentage of income applicable to CRA collections. There are options to resolve this situation including a Proposal to your creditors which will stay the garnishee proceedings. Please contact me to discuss this option.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for