Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



Judy Mazurin



Hello, I have approximately $10000.00 in unsecured loans from 6 different money lenders and probably owe the Government on taxes which I have not filed in 2 years. I am not able to make payments on them all and have nowhere to turn for assistance.I now have a corporation with my business. I have filed for bankruptcy once before, when I was a sole propriator. I prefer not to file, although do not know what to do? Are there options besides filing for Bankruptcy that I could look at? I am not sure what else to do at this point. I have previously looked into credit counselling and debt consolidation, althought I have the collection agencies calling me now. Thank you. JM



Grant Thornton Limited



Jan 25, 2014



Judy There is another option. A Consumer Proposalwill allow you to repay all or a portion of your debts over as long as 60 months at no interest. You will however need to prepare and file the oustanding tax returns as CRA will need to be included in your proposal. Please call me and I will arrange a no charge consultation at your convenience, alternately you can send me an email to

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for