Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum






Hello, My husband has moved to Newfoundland from our home in Alberta. I am winding up our business and finishing my job in Alberta before I move to join him. Is he able to declare bankruptcy in Newfoundland? Or does he have to return to Alberta to file?



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 06, 2014



Hello Elizabeth, Generally an individual would file an assignment in bankruptcy in the province in which they reside or where the majority of their assets are located. If there are assets in your business or other matters pertaining to your business that may affect how much you and your spouse owe, you should complete this process and file in Newfoundland after you are resettled. Thanks for the question

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for