Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



Anthony Karkulowski



I have a car load and changed positions at my job which pay less and I can no longer afford my car loan. I was told by my dealer that the only way to get rid of my car is to claim bankruptcy. what are my options??



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 06, 2014



Hello Anthony If you return the vehicle to the dealership and it is sold leaving a balance/deficiency remaining on the loan, this would be discharged by bankruptcy. The decision as to whether you need to file a bankruptcy assignment depends on your overall financial situation. There are other options to consider including a Consumer Proposal which is a form of settlement with your creditors. Please call me to discuss your options or email me at Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for