Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Edmonton, Calgary Q&A Forum






Hi I filed for bankruptcy in spring 2013 for the first time. My term is done but I'm am still paying off surplus income. 600 per month. I'm am finding it hard to make ends meet as I also pay child support for 2 boys. I'm supposed to pay off around 15000 in surplus income. I do think all my creditors r paid off. Where does this money go. Also what happens if I stop paying. I feel like this is never going to end and I'm wondering if there is any other way out. I'd rather pay a lawyer to fight paying this. Let me know if u can help. My current payments are going to Myers Norris penny in Edmonton.



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 20, 2014



Rick, Funds you pay into your bankruptcy are used to provide a dividend to your creditors based on the claims they have filed in your bankruptcy. You can ask your Trustee to provide you with a copy of the Claims Register on your bankruptcy estate. If you stop making the payments you are required to make based on the Guidelines on Income, the Trustee will be required to try to enforce payment perhaps by way of a wage garnishee. I recommend that you contact your Trustee and sit down with him or her and request additional information to resolve your queries or concerns. Thanks for the question

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for