Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum





If bankruptcy was discharged in Febary 2013, and when I file my tax return if I have a refund do I have to advise the trustee? And if so why?



Grant Thornton Limited



Apr 28, 2014



If you filed bankruptcy in 2013, you are required to advise the Trustee if you receive the funds since those funds should be paid into the estate. If you filed bankruptcy in 2012 and received a Certificate of Discharge or an Absolute Discharge, the refunds are yours. However if your discharge was not Absolute ie a Conditional Discharge the refunds may be directed to the Trustee by the Court Order. Please contact your Trustee for clarification

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for