Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



I am a senior on low income/ the lowest income so I get some help from Alberta Supports; not much but it is some. Other than that, I get CPP and some OAS. I get phone calls from creditors that I owed money to within the last 2 years; but could not pay them at that time either. I went to a trustee, who said I have too little income to declare bankruptcy. How do I get these creditors to stop calling me; I have changed my phone number 3 times and made the number silent, but they still seem to get it and then phone me again. Is there anything I can say when they call me? How do I stop them? Any suggestions; a proposal - I am in poor health so can't work; and waiting to have surgery in May. Any other suggestions.



Grant Thornton Limited



May 09, 2014



Jude If you are unable to obtain the services of a Trustee to assist you because of your low income, please contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and seek information on the Debtor Referral program. This program may be able to assist you. Thanks for the question

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for