Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



Hi, I have been in bankruptcy since Nov 2012 i am due to have a discharge hearing in August '14. I wanted to ask about the sense of hiring my own lawyer to help me with the discharge process... the trustee (bdo) has mentioned that it is possible that the CCRA (sole debt)will appose the discharge. I want to know what my options are? I think I need to talk with a lawyer about it...agreed?



Grant Thornton Limited



May 20, 2014



Darren, I would recommend that you seek the assistance of a lAwaer specializing in CRA opposed discharge applications. Your Trustee will be able to direct you to a lawyer in this area. Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for