Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



Current situation is $72000 in unsecured credit card and line of credit debt. Own outright recreation land which the bank won't give a mortgage valued about $130000. Live in rustic/basic cabin on property so there is a utility trailer, wood splitter, wood chipper, riding lawn mower, two old vehicles, old style trailer, some fishing gear and wood working tools as a cabinet maker. Currently unemployed due to stress caused by debt and alcoholism. The debt requires $1950/m to service and so using remaining available credit to pay each. Returning to work is best but can not live and pay this debt at the current rates. A mortgage for $75K for 10 years would only be $749/m. That could be managed but not continue the current payments. At wits end, frustrated, would rather pay off debt than declare bankruptcy but seems no way out. thank you



Grant Thornton Limited



Jun 12, 2014



Hi Thai A Consumer Proposal would help you resolve your financial situation without the need for a bankruptcy. This is a no interest, flexible agreement with your creditors usually to repay a portion of the debt you owe. Please call me or email me at and I would be happy to explain this option to you and/or set up a no charge consultation to discuss your financial situation.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for