Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Edmonton, Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum



I was in a Division 1 Consumer Proposal. My trustee missed cashing a cheque for one month and doubled it up the next month. Consequently, this was one of the factors resulting in an annulment of my consumer proposal. He had post-dated cheques but were not deposited on time. Why am I at fault?



Grant Thornton Limited



Aug 14, 2014



Hi If you believe that the default was not your fault you should contact the Trustee to resolve the situation. If you are in a Consumer Proposal there is provision for the Trustee to apply to the Court to waive your default and for the proposal to continue. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your Trustee you can contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy for assistance. If you would like to file another Proposal it would need to be a Division 1 proposal which I am happy to discuss with you, please call me or email me at Thanks for the question.

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2017 Grant Thornton Limited, Licensed Insolvency Trustees. All rights reserved.

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for