Search site             Home   About us   Contact us   Ask an expert     Forms   Corporate recovery      

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



I do not necessarily want to claim bankruptcy, as I am a full time university student. My issue is that I own a property in another city that has been listed for 9 months and is not selling. I cannot afford to go to school full time in one city while paying a mortgage and utilities in another. it is a mobile home in a park and the park rules state that rentals are not allowed, even under duress. I am looking into a quit claim deed, but was wondering if there were any other options that may be available to me. I need to still be able to qualify for student loans to complete my education. I appreciate any help you can give me.



Grant Thornton Limited



Dec 19, 2014



Carrie I would advise you to contact your financial institution and or legal counsel specializing in this area to discuss the quit claim option. Thanks for the question

Marie Kozlowski
T 403-296-3082


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for