Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



Hi there, I filed over 14yrs ago and never completed to get a discharge. I was young and had no clue and the trustee was not helpful or very nice to deal with. I want to complete this so I can be discharged what do I need to do? I don't remember the trustee etc



Grant Thornton Limited



Mar 27, 2015



Hi Tanya, As you don't remember who you had filed bankruptcy with you can contact the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. They can provide you with the Trustee's name and the type of discharge you have. You can also contact the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench to get a copy of your bankruptcy documents. This will provide you with the name of your Trustee and the duties that may be outstanding for you to obtain a discharge. There is a cost for the court to search the documents. This will allow you to contact your Trustee and discuss how you can obtain your discharge. Another option is to contact a lawyer to assist with your discharge. If you had any other concerns please contact our office.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for