Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

Alger Bankruptcy Services

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



Hello! Years ago, I filed bankruptcy. I am afraid I may have to do it again. This time tho, I have a huge back tax debt. Taxes haven't been filed in a few years. Am I doomed? What chances do I have?



Grant Thornton Limited



Apr 20, 2015



Hi Jennifer, I would suggest filing your taxes and assessing how much you actually owe to Canada Revenue Agency "CRA". You may choose to discuss an informal payment plan with them. CRA will not negotiate a payment plan if you have outstanding tax returns to be filed. More formal options to deal with the tax debt would be filing a consumer proposal or a bankruptcy. Please do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss the formal options.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For Alberta Bankruptcy help, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for