Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



I was in a car accident a few years ago where I was at fault. The car was not mine, and I did not have a drivers license. The car was insured, but only plpd over 50 (which I am not). I ignored the court date and now my bank account, and the owner of the car's bank account have been frozen by the Saskatchewan sheriff's department. Would bankruptcy help me? I do not see a point in my future where I would be able to repay this debt, and the owner of the car is a sickly old man.



Grant Thornton Limited



Jun 01, 2015



Hi Guy, A motor vehicle accident claim can be included in a bankruptcy or a proposal. There is a case in Alberta that allows for the Motor Vehicle Accident Claim to be discharged with bankruptcy and your ability to obtain a driver's license. It is under appeal right now but our office has been successful in assisting individuals in obtaining their driver license. If you would like to discuss please contact our office.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for