Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



I will be going into my second bankrupcy soon ! I have a joint chewing account with my mom as i am her quardian along with my my brother and sister . When i go into bankrupcy how do i protect her moneys in the joint acccounts . My brother has also recently passed away and we are working ito get probate of his estate ! My mom is the benefactor as she is the next of kin ! Again i am guardian of my mom with my I am going to be the administrator of my brothers estate and moneys etc ! How do i protect thiese asssests from my personal bankrupcy !



Grant Thornton Limited



Aug 26, 2015



Hi Nicole, I would suggest talking to a lawyer to protect the assets and interest of your Mother and your late brother's estate. The lawyer can review and discuss with you how to keep the funds for your Mother separate from your and administrator your late brother's estate. Hope that helps answer your concern.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for