Search site             Home   About us   Contact us   Ask an expert     Forms   Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum



Hi. I was granted a discharge from bankruptcy 15 years ago, however in order to terminate an insurance policy, (whole life), my insurer has requested a copy of my discharge letter. I find this strange so long after the Limitations have expired. Collins-Barrow was my trustee back then and I understand Alger had taken that area over. Am I able to obtain a copy from yourselves or do I contact the AB Queens Court? If the courts, could you advise best way to contact. Thank you. Grant.



Grant Thornton Limited



Sep 28, 2015



Hi Grant, Unfortunately, your file is in storage and we are unable to retrieve at this time. I would suggest contacting Alberta Court of Queens Bench in Edmonton to obtain a copy of your discharge. You may also try the Superintendent of Bankruptcy, their toll-free number is 1-877-376-9902. If you have any other concerns please contact our office.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888

We're here to take your call!
In person:
Mon to Fri: 8am-4:30pm.
Over the phone: Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for