Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Edmonton Q&A Forum



I claimed bakruptcy in 2011 and i was unable to complete my payments after losing my job. I am in unresolved bankruptcy and I want to clear it up. My trustee (Bromwich and Smith has closed my file). What is the next step that I can take to resolve it? Do I have to go back through the trustee or do I apply to the courts? Thank you.



Grant Thornton Limited



Nov 13, 2015



Hi Jill, My first suggestion would be to contact your Trustee, Bromwich and Smith, to discuss the requirements to reopen the file and discuss steps to obtain your discharge. If you are having difficulty complying with their requirements to reopen the file, you may want to retain a lawyer to assist with the discharge. It may be more costly than paying your Trustee. Hope that answers your concern.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for