Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Bankruptcy Calgary Q&A forum



Can a person who has declared bankruptcy 7 years ago who did not pay all monies still own property in Alberta. Does bank bankruptcy last forever?



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 09, 2017



Hello Don, If you didn't receive an absolute order of discharge or an automatic discharge then the bankruptcy doesn't go away. You will need to deal with the outstanding duties or attend court to seek a discharge order. I would suggest contacting the Superintendent of Bankruptcy to obtain your bankruptcy documents or the Trustee you were dealing with.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888

We're here to take your call!
In person Mon to Fri: 8am-4:30pm.
Over the phone Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for