Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



I was a student about 7-8 years ago. I was paying my loan for the first few years, then, of course, ran into problems. I filed for the repayment help, didn't pay for a few years. I never have been able to get back on my feet. Now I have a letter saying I have to pay or they will take legal action. I have nothing. No car, never had any credit cards. I don't own anything substantial. I rent a room in a house. I cannot pay them the $15,000 + they are asking. I am working but cannot get much more than part-time. And at the moment my work has been cut drastically as they go through renovations. I am in an area of the city that it's problematic to travel. I would like to declare bankruptcy. Is that possible? Is it right? I am at loss as to what I can do.



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 03, 2016



Hello, We would be happy to review your financial options over the phone to give you some information to consider. Bankruptcy is one of the formal option to relieve you of your unsecured debts if you feel that you just can't pay right now. You can call us at 310-8888 to speak to one of our professional when it is convenient.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for