Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



what can be done when you have a family member who suffers with depression and bipolar and have credit cards and now unable to paid $22000.00 BACK AND HOW CAN WE STOP THEM FROM GETTING A CREDIT CARD THAT PERSON IS IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL AND RECIVING TREATMENT ALL THE TIME



Grant Thornton Limited



Feb 19, 2016



Hello, If your family member have missed payments and maybe the debts have gone to collection agencies then his/her credit score may be affected. In that case, most credit companies may not extend credit anyways. If the individual is willing to write a short statement explaining his circumstance and no further credit should be extended then the statement could be posted on his/her credit report. The down fall would be re-establishing credit afterwards if things improve. Hope that answers your concern.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for