Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



my husband have bought a house three years ago, my husband's name is on the deed of the house. we also put our daughter's name on the deed at the same time( just in case anything happens to him, our daughter will take care of the payment to the house). my daughters live there only paying the gas and power while we provide the rest of the payment, my son stays there for free when he has work in Grande Prairie. We have made roughly 100k contribution to the house during last three years with 40k to the equity. What will happen to our house if our daughter happens to file for bankruptcy, even though we are the ones who were making all the mortgage payments?



Grant Thornton Limited



Mar 15, 2016



Hi Audrey, The Trustee will review the equity available in the real property. Assuming that she lives in Alberta and there is less then $40,000 in equity, the property should be protected. You may also want to seek legal advice to enforce your interest in the real property. If you had any other concerns please contact our office at 310-8888.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations


© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for