Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



I owned a business and the accountant I had took off with my books and I don't know where he is.In the meantime I had a Sudden Cardiac arrest,have heart disease and type 2 diabetes. I am on AISH and CPD plus work only parttime CRA are trying to say I owe them $156000.00. There is no way in hell I owe them that amount and no way of proving otherwise



Grant Thornton Limited



Apr 07, 2016



Hi Alastair, Canada Revenue Agency may have arbitrarily assessed the tax returns for you. If you file the taxes outstanding then the amounts may be reduced to reflect the actually earnings and taxes outstanding. As you don't have all of your accounting you may need to try to use invoices or bank statements to prepare the taxes the best you can. Canada Revenue Agency will still request that the returns be filed. Perhaps you can contact our office and we can discuss how we may be able to help with the information you have.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for