Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



Ok to start I filed my last taxes June 27 2014 came back that I owe 14000 income tax and 3500 for gst since then I have not filed and have not paid towards the owing amount so now I'm looking back and feels like I'm fucked I owe so much already I'm afraid to make contact with cra I'm not sure what I can do to make this better and come back from what is now almost guaranteed to be triple that amount ....any advice ? Also I need to buy a vehicle which I'm trying to obtain before I confront cra and would need to keep but can't seem to get because of the 14000 owing



Grant Thornton Limited



Apr 21, 2016



Hi Tony, My suggestion would be to file your outstanding tax returns and GST returns. That way you will know how much you owe to Canada Revenue Agency and your average net self employed income. Most finance companies will look at your most recent tax return filed and your credit score to approve you for a vehicle loan. You can request a copy of your credit report from Equifax and/or Trans Union to review what outstanding debts may be preventing you from being approved for a loan.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888
We're here until 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday to take your call



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for