Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Calgary bankruptcy Q&A forum



Hi I'm in a complex separation. At the moment, I'm paying house and car and everything else because my husband does not want to take any responsibilities and I'm trying to keep my credit perfect. I have no asset anymore. Both house and car are both names. My husband doesn't want to collaborate. We can't sale the house because the value is too low. With the lawyer fee and what I have to pay that is more than what I have in my pocket each month I'm right now at $20 000 debts. I would like to stop. Can I do a personal bankruptcy? Is it going to affect him? Can he stop me to doing it?



Grant Thornton Limited



Jun 09, 2016



Hi Alexandra, If you walk away from the house and car which is joint with your spouse than it will affect his credit rating as well as yours. I would suggest contacting our office to discuss the formal options available to you.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888

We're here to take your call!
In person:
Mon to Fri: 8am-4:30pm.
Over the phone: Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for