Search site             Home line  About us line  Contact us line  Ask an expert   line  Forms line  Corporate recovery      

bankruptcy trustee

Same team, new name

Alger & Associates personal bankruptcy services are
now provided by
Grant Thornton Limited

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy trustees


Bankruptcy Calgary Q&A forum



I am an unemployed single mother with 3 sons and a lot of debt. I have been refused a consolidation loan years ago when I became separated. As a result I have basically been avoiding collection agencies. I'm not sure which venue is the best for my situation, but I want to clear my debts. I am not even sure how much dept I have, or who I owe it to. Is there an agency or someway I can find out ?



Grant Thornton Limited



Aug 22, 2016



Hi Debra, You can obtain a credit report from Equifax or/and Transunion online. You can contact them and use their automated phone system to request a free credit report once a year. Alternatively you can use the internet and pay a fee to obtain a credit report. I don't believe everything you owe will be on the credit reports but it will give you a pretty good idea. You can also contact our office at 310-8888 to schedule a no charge and no obligation consultation to discuss your financial circumstance and formal options available to you.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888

We're here to take your call!
In person:
Mon to Fri: 8am-4:30pm.
Over the phone: Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm



All locations

© 2011 Grant Thornton Limited • All rights reserved

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for