Search site             Home   About us   Contact us   Ask an expert     Forms   Corporate recovery      

Expert advice

Call us toll free in Alberta at 310-8888 or email us at for a free, no obligation, confidential consultation. We'll review all debt solutions, not just bankruptcy.

Receive a callback from one of our bankruptcy and debt help experts


Alberta bankruptcy Q&A forum



Hello i will give some history first,2 years ago or longer,I went bankrupt,I signed my house over to my ex. I got in debt to Canadain tire bank for $5200,Because i got sick just got on Aish in alberta.I cant afford to pay my debt at anytime now.Im getting threat of legal action against me and the house,can they put a lien on the house for a unsecured credit card ?



Grant Thornton Limited



Oct 31, 2017



Hi Darren, If Canadian Tire obtained a judgement for the $5,200 then they are able to place a writ of enforcement against your assets. If you are no longer a registered owner of the house that was transferred to your ex-spouse then they would not place a lien or writ on the property. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 310-8888 should you have any other questions.

Susan Methuen
T 403-310-8888


For debt help and bankruptcy in Calgary, Edmonton, and throughout Alberta, call TOLL FREE from anywhere in Alberta: 310-8888

We're here to take your call!
In person Mon to Fri: 8am-4:30pm.
Over the phone Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm, Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm



All locations

© 2017 Grant Thornton Limited, Licensed Insolvency Trustees. All rights reserved.

back to Bankruptcy Alberta home

Confidential callback from a bankruptcy professional

Please call me

As soon as possible
Today at
Next business day at

My Phone # 


Ask for